Modular construction boom: Advantages of building off-site
On today’s post we would like to talk you about one of the trends at construction industry as modular building is. This kind of construction features by the use of standarised modules which are assembled to design living spaces. It’s about a groundbreaking constructive system which, by its own modules’ assembling method, i sable to create customizable and very flexible buildings. This is, there’s no need to turn to a great work to make changes at a complete work design.
The boom of modular construction is due to its own merit, as it got to improve the traditional constructive system at essential factors as much at work executions as at costs and adaption.
That’s why we want to specify some of the advantages of modular building:
- Low cost at homes’ construction: After all, we are talking about standarized modules which are made by the same materials and sizes, so it helps to have a better control on the provision costs and to optimize materials’ supply.
- Materials’ quality: Designing modules in the factory asures the guarantee of quality and security as these are produced ready to use and assemble.
- Execution schedule: Up to a 60% can timing be reduced, which is a logic effect, as we are talking about modules ready for assemble at construction placement.
- At assembling chain, some probable issues at the work can be solved: enclosures, finishings and other facilities.
- Customization: They exist a great quantity of modules, and so customized modules. If anyone who owns a modular home wants to refurbish it, the process would be much faster and less pricey, as we only have to ‘dismantle’ the assembling and then ‘mantle’ it differently.
- Production’s location: The bulk of the work’s construction is made inside the factory, even if it’s finished at the work’s placement. This allows external factor which are involved in an open-air work to interrupt the process: weather, traffic diversions, etc.
They exist different ways to clasify the modular construction types. This time, we’ll do it according to the materials used at it and the use of these constructions. As the main material may be we find:
Concrete modular buildings: It’s about those buildings made of concrete modules blocks which are assembled afterwards. The main feature of these constructions is that they are much more resistant to the course of time. Apart from that, as these are very solid, they don’t need any thorough maintenance. Apart from that, we have to emphasize the good acoustics of these constructions. When it’s about a house, this is a very affordable choice, although it’ll all depend on the added extras. These modules allow the construction of houses for two people, to family residences with several suites, bathrooms, terraces, etc.
Wood modular buildings: As long as we use wood at building we know we are opting for a cheaper and more ecological material. In the case of modular constructions, they outstand for the simplicity, which allows likewise to place these constructions and natural areas such as mountainous areas. Albeit, as they don’t stand as well the course of timw, they need a more dedicated care than concrete homes.That’s why, these constructions are usually treated to improve wood resistance, specially, when we talk about weather conditions. An example of this is the use of varnish coatings.
Steel modular buildings: It’s possible to consider steel constructions as the most modern at first sight. And their futuristic aspect which offers this material doesn’t go unnoticed. Their eye-catching design is, at the same time, suitable with thermal isolating covers which protect the interior both in the winter and summer.
On the other hand, according to their use, modular constructions can be classified in very heterogeneous groups. These are some examples:
Offices modular buildings: Designs’ versatility of the current modular architecture, allows to create modern offices but also traditional ones. You’d be amazed if you knew that it’s quite difficult to differentiate between modular offices and the rest, because these adapt perfectly well to the regular design.
Schools modular buildings: This is an useful and quick option to widen scholar spaces in few time. It’s not only helpful to build new classrooms, but to build games rooms, lucnhrooms, gyms, and other spaces. And all of that without losing quality, comfort and security, all of them required to these kinds of buildings.
Construction of booths, clothings and work cabins: Thanks to a fast assembly and disassembly we find at modular construction the perfect ally for temporary buildings.
Finally, we would like to make a like technical remark, as it’s very common to mistake modular construction with prefabricated construction. These are the differences between both of them:
The main difference is that modular at designed and built part by part, inside a factory and after this, they are carried to the work placement to be assembled there. However, prefabricated are fully built inside the factory and they are delivered ready to allocate at the construction’s location. This is possible, basically, because they are mode with lighter materials than modular constructions.
Another differential factor to take into account is that quality controls required for these modular constructions are way more exhaustive than those prefabricated, as the materials and methodology applied to this kind of construction require of a more precise exam to assure that all operations have been done properly.
If you want to know further about this subject, don’t hesitate to contact us or you can read other realted articles on our website email@example.com